Retention Policies are being applied even i didn't apply them RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a strange issue , we were using Retention policy to delete emails older than 6 months , and later due to some issue we delete them , but emails are still deleting , i even check but not policy is applied on mailboxes , 

can anyone guide me what is wrong there ?

i use this command also to view if any policy apply here but it doest not show any policy 

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize unlimited | ft Name, RetentionPolicy > c:\retention.txt

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:16 PM

Answers

• i have mange it by running this command , it was manage folder mailbox policy and i remove it from users by this command 

Thanks everyone for the help

Set-Mailbox -Identity username -ManagedFolderMailboxPolicy:$null

• Marked as answer by Balal Ahmad Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:38 PM

All replies

• Do the retention tags still exist?  If so, try deleting them and see what happens.
    Friday, January 17, 2014 5:15 PM
  • we dont have these  now, it was 6 named as 6 month with 180 days age.

Friday, January 17, 2014 5:49 PM
  • you will get the database retention limit even if you dont have a policy.

get-MailboxDatabase | fl name,DeletedItemRetention

Check this value

Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:43 PM
  • this is for deleted items and for 14 days (default)

but i have issue that emails being deleted of 6 months old from inbox automatially 

Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:38 PM
  • If you have no retention policies or tags that are causing the mail to be deleted, it is highly likely that the users are deleting the mail themselves.

("How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" - Sherlock Holmes)

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:50 PM
  • users are not deleting emails , i have issue with many of users , and it deletes after 180 days , i was using this retention and later we remove it but its still deleting .

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:23 PM
  • al last i found it , it was manage folder mailbox policy i get the list of all user and it show that 6 moth old has applied 

get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited | select displayname,managedfoldermailboxpolicy

finding now to how to delete them from users.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:59 PM
  • i have mange it by running this command , it was manage folder mailbox policy and i remove it from users by this command 

Thanks everyone for the help

Set-Mailbox -Identity username -ManagedFolderMailboxPolicy:$null

• Marked as answer by Balal Ahmad Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:38 PM