my pc is saying "NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED RRS feed

• Question

• I HAVE A COMPAQ VISTA LAPTOP AND FOR SOME REASON ITS SAYING NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED AND SOME 1 TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE PLEASE.. MY EMAIL JAMAICAN_442008@HOTMAIL.COM
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your update.

I know that you cannot find the device in Device Manager. Please check if there are some devices appeared with yellow exclamation mark. If so, please remove it and reboot the computer to see if the device driver will be applied and the device will appear correctly. You can also install the audio device driver manually to check how it works then.

If the device still cannot be found, it should be damaged and please contact HP for technical support.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:36 AM
  • Perhaps what you need is a chipset driver so that windows can find you audio chip, If you can't find one at the manufacturers website then try posting the model of your laptop..
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

This should be a hardware issue. Let’s try the following suggestions to see if the issue can be narrowed down:

1.    Please check if the audio device exists in Device Manager and if there is any error appears. If the device is not there, it may be damaged.

2.    If the device exists, please try reinstalling its driver to see if it will work:

1)     Click Start, right click on Computer and choose Properties.

2)     Click Device Manager.

3)     Navigate to the audio device.

4)     Right click on it and choose “Uninstall”. If there is a check box “Delete the driver software for the device.”, please also check it and then click OK.

5)     Please also go to “Control Panel – Program and Features” to check if there is entry for the audio device driver. If so, please also remove it.

6)     Reboot the computer and reinstall the driver.

3.    If there is a new version of Audio driver released on HP site, please remove the driver and reinstall the new one to see if it works.

Considering the issue is related to hardware, it is also recommended that you contact HP for technical support.

Hope the issue can be resolved soon. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:47 AM
  • i dont see any audio device all i see it BATTERIES,COMPUTER,DISK DEVICE, DISPLAY ADAPTER,DVD/CD-ROM DRIVES,HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES,IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLER, KEYBROAD,MICE AND OTHER POINTING DEVICE, MONITOR, NETWORK ADAPTERS, PROCESSORS, SD HOST ADAPTOR, STORAGE CONTROLLER,SYSTEM DEVICE, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLOR... help me Y_Y
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:13 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

I know that you cannot find the device in Device Manager. Please check if there are some devices appeared with yellow exclamation mark. If so, please remove it and reboot the computer to see if the device driver will be applied and the device will appear correctly. You can also install the audio device driver manually to check how it works then.

If the device still cannot be found, it should be damaged and please contact HP for technical support.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:36 AM
  • Perhaps what you need is a chipset driver so that windows can find you audio chip, If you can't find one at the manufacturers website then try posting the model of your laptop..
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:38 PM