Speech to Text engine: is compatible with sounds played by the PC (not mic involved)? RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning everyone,

Is it possible to train and set the sound source not from a mic but directly from a pre-recorded video (e.g. youtube), or a webinar that includes sounds and get that text captured as 'captions'?

So is this setup actually possible even if there is not a physical microphone as sound source?

Or am I forced to use a to use a 3.5mm male to male audio cable and feed the audio in that way, treating it more like a microphone?

Kind regards,

Bgeek

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi BGeek,

Thanks for the post!

It is possible to perform speech recognition directly from an audio file instead of the microphone, please refer to:

Using WAV File Input with SR Engines

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:11 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by BGeek Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:41 PM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Hi BGeek,

Thanks for the post!

It is possible to perform speech recognition directly from an audio file instead of the microphone, please refer to:

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Hi Miya,

Thanks for the reply.

However I'm not a technician: is speech recognition directly from an audio file comparable than playing a sound from a web site such as youtube or streaming video?

Regards,

Miya

Sunday, February 27, 2011 3:21 PM
  • Hi BGeek,

I'm afraid it cannot performed directly from the audio file.

Regards,

Miya

Monday, February 28, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Hi BGeek,

I'm afraid it cannot performed directly from the audio file.

Regards,

Miya

Hi Miya,

Sorry but I really don't understand your reply: above you wrote:

" It is possible to perform speech recognition directly from an audio file instead of the microphone, please refer to:

"

Now it seems you are affirming the opposite. Any explanation, please?

Regards,

BGeek

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Hi BGeek,

That article I recommended is related to developping, if you're a developper, you can try that method to use the AR engines. It's complicated for the non-developper.

There's no function or program in Windows 7 can directly recognize from the audio file, so I said "I'm afraid it cannot performed directly from the audio file".

Hope you can understand this.

Regards,

Miya 

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:27 AM