Recycled Xp Desktop cannot get pasted Xp login. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a Dell Dimension 3000 that was recycled to me by a friend.

It's currently running Windows XP pro and was wiped clean, but he disabled the admin login. I'm not exactly a computer smart so I was wondering what are my options now. I also have a few hard drives at my disposal. Any advice or recommendations to try?

I was looking to use this desktop for Microsoft Office and other small programs nothing professional though.

Friday, July 19, 2013 8:00 PM

Answers

• Not sure if you can copy paste, but you can definitely drag the item to desktop Or restore the file.

Can you please explain little more?

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:46 AM
  • What do you mean by the admin login? The built in Administrator account?

Is there any accounts displayed on the welcome screen.?

Have you tried logging in to the built in Administrator account by pressing ctrl-alt-del twice and then typing administrator and for password leave it blank?

Windows XP Post SP3 Updates

Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:02 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by the admin login? The built in Administrator account?

Is there any accounts displayed on the welcome screen.?

Have you tried logging in to the built in Administrator account by pressing ctrl-alt-del twice and then typing administrator and for password leave it blank?

Windows XP Post SP3 Updates

Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:02 AM
  • Not sure if you can copy paste, but you can definitely drag the item to desktop Or restore the file.

Can you please explain little more?

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:46 AM