windows 7 driver updates RRS feed

• Question

• yesterday I was checking the state of my drivers because my computer was running slow and I was having unusual problems with my wireless connections.

I went to hp support assistant and updated all drivers that I could. I also tried updating my network drivers in device manager. Things were still not operating correctly.

The next day I got up and turned on my laptop and it looked like it was in safe mode or an uncompatible mode.

my security essentials was turned off and would not start. windows search and indexing were turned off. no programs would start. I just followed the advise to run Microsoft safety tool in safe mode. no viruses detected. I had to attempt three times just to start in safe mode.

Any suggestions? What happened? How do I get back to lnormal

Monday, July 1, 2013 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the method below.

1.Click "Start".

2.Type "msconfig" in Search programs and files.

3.Choose "Boot" in System Configuration window.

4.Untick "Safe boot". Click "OK".

5.Restart your computer.

Hope that helps.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, July 8, 2013 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:26 AM
  • Additionally you can revert your system to the latest restore point. Click Windows, select the search box and type system restore there. Choose system restore and a suitable restore point. Confirm your selection and let the pc to boot. You will see a number of messages during this operation until you are able to log in again.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try the method below.

1.Click "Start".

2.Type "msconfig" in Search programs and files.

3.Choose "Boot" in System Configuration window.

4.Untick "Safe boot". Click "OK".

5.Restart your computer.

Hope that helps.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:26 AM
  • Additionally you can revert your system to the latest restore point. Click Windows, select the search box and type system restore there. Choose system restore and a suitable restore point. Confirm your selection and let the pc to boot. You will see a number of messages during this operation until you are able to log in again.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:38 AM