importing a protected excel workbook into Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an Excel workbook that has 3 protected sheets.  With the help of an advisor, he created some vb script that does not let users input data into columns C,D and E if  column A is 0.  I now cannot upload this spreadsheet into Sharepoint because it says that protected sheets cannot be uploaded.  Is there either a workaround for uploading this sheet into Sharepoint or a workaround for using a conditional statement instead of using code which protects the sheet in order to grey out the three columns.

Thank you!

Cheryl

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:54 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, June 20, 2011 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hello Cheryl,

The issue does not seem to with the files being protected. If you try uploading a simple protected excel file it will work, the issue seems to be with the vb script itself. You can insert a function such that if the column A has 0 value then the columns C,D & E will have no data\or some default value and it cannot be changed.

• Proposed as answer by UllasSJoshi Monday, June 27, 2011 11:39 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 7:27 AM
  • Hello Ashish,

Sorry I was not exact on this part of the thread...there was a prior thread.  I was trying to create a list so I was trying to import the spreadsheet.  I can upload it as a doc library, but now I have lost all of my functions across workbooks.  I have been informed that I will need to have all formulas in one workbook, not across four workbooks. 

As for a conditional formula, I had tried a condition that if A = 0 (C,D,E, 'locked','unlocked') and various other statements.  None of these worked.  If you know a statement that works, I would like to know please.

Thank you for your reply.

Cheryl Nulik
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:12 PM