Fast ESP: Using Search profile in FQL RRS feed

• Question

• I have made one search profile example abcd and which has some dictionary from where we need to search data.

Now I need to use this search profile from my code when we pass FQL then what's the syntax that we can pass search profile in FQL so that it return the data based on search profile.

Sachin Agarwal

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 4:59 PM

All replies

• Sachin, When a search profile is created it always consists of two views, a "preview" view and a "published" view. In the Search Business Center (SBC), changes to a search profile are immediately deployed to the preview view, in order for users to test the changes. When the desired results are achieved, one can publish the view so that the changes are moved to the respective published view. The search application’s front-end typically only searches the published view. The preview view of a search profile is called <search profile name>sppreview, and the published view is called <search profile name>sppublished. In your case you can pass abcdsppublished as view in order to search against it: GET /cgi-bin/xsearch?offset=0&hits=10&query=test&view=abcdsppublished
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:56 PM
  • Thanks Patrick. But If we are using the Fast dll in our project and want to get the data from fast search then what method should we call and with what parameter to get the data from newly added search profile.

Sachin Agarwal

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:56 AM
  • If you are using search api, you can fecth the searchview from the factory like:

ISearchView view = searchFactory.getSearchView("abcdsppublished");

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:50 PM