Error code: 0000C833 using the Reset Administrators wizard in the 4.5 App-V management Console RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Error code: 0000C833 using the Reset Administrators wizard in the 4.5 App-V management Console

Symptoms

=============================

Reset Administrators function of the 4.5 Application Virtualization Management Console does not work when Windows credentials are provided; you will receive the following error message:

Unable to connect to the Application Virtualization Management Server data store.

Make sure the specified server name, user, password and database are correct, and the SQL Server is configured properly

Error code: 0000C833

Cause

1. The password or user name of the Service Account for SQL is incorrect.

or

2. SQL server is configured to use Integrated authentication.

Resolution

Verify that the Service Account account information for SQL is correct. If the SQL server has been configured to use Integrated Authentication, you will not be able to use the Reset Administrators wizard in the App-V 4.5 Management Server MMC. See SQL documentation for more information.

Repro Steps

1. Install SQL 2005 configured to use Windows Integrated Authentication.

2. Install AppV 4.5 with default options

3. Right click on the "Application Virtualization Systems" of the AppV 4.5 Management Console

4. Select "Reset Administrators" and select the SQL server and database

5. Provide Windows credentials and click "Next"

References

269587  Windows Authentication mode is the default security mode after a typical installation of SQL Server 2000 or of SQL Server 2005

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;269587

---------

For more information regarding Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V), please also refer to the App-V Team blog at http://blogs.technet.com/Softgrid/.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:40 AM

All replies

• Still after following above steps, we are getting the same error.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 10:44 AM
  • Hello,

Can you eloborate further on what steps you have taken? I am not quite sure what that means because any specifics steps that are mentioned are releated to reproducing the error, not actually resolving it...

/Znack
    Monday, June 1, 2009 9:06 AM
  • A couple of things here. 1. Reset Administrators does not work with Windows Integrated Security mode, don't even try 2. To enable the connection, the TCP/IP Protocol must be enabled on SQL Server, it is disabled by default in SQL Server 2008 and above. Ran into this today and enabling TCP/IP protocol resolved the issue. Cheers, David
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:39 PM
  • Hello all,

This error comes if i want to reset the administrators on a W2k8 64bits server on SQL 2008. Also to know is that the database is on an other instance and other default port (2159). Likte this: server01\serverins01.

In the interface of Softgrid there is only one place to change this. And this is when installing App-V.

Why I get this error? Because I want to manage the App-v server from an another server (a control server with other tools).

there is also not an interface to connect to an other instance via an another port.

Does anyone know how to manage an App-V 4.5/6 Streaming/Full Infrastructure from an another server?

I thank you very very much!

Greetings Metin

Friday, February 25, 2011 1:14 PM
  • Does anyone know how to manage an App-V 4.5/6 Streaming/Full Infrastructure from an another server?
    Try this blog post: http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2009/04/21/app-v-4-5-remote-console-configuration-guide.aspx
    This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 1:56 PM