none
DPM 2012 Error 360 (0x80042515), I have free space 2 VM's throw those others work fine. RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a virtual infrastructure on ESXi 5.1 Update 2 with 10 blades. For my backups I have a 5TB RDM through iscsi coming from my Left Hand SAN. This SAN is only doing backups and nothing else. I currently have about 20 VM's being backed up. I can't get 2 of them to work one has a disk size of 600gb the other 400gb. When I try to add them to the storage group I get the below message.

Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: VdsError:The specified disk extent size exceeds the size of free disk space. (0x80042515) Recommended action: Retry the operation.

In DPM it shows me 1.31tb used and 3.8tb free. If I go to the LeftHand CMC console it shows the same thing about 75% free. I clearly have free space, If I go to diskpart and run "listdisk: it shows 5tb size and only 11gb free. I noticed on my other DPM box using different storage that the "listdisk" command shows inaccurate numbers also. I added a 2nd RDM 1.7tb and I still got the same error message. Any help would be appreciated.

****I tried adding the backups by using VMware console w/o RDP and my drives are not set to read only as I read in previous posts*****

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:54 PM

All replies