none
Exporting and Importing Calendar from Project 2016 to Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My project environment has migrated from Project 2016 to Project Online. We have a list of enterprise resource calendars that are being used in Project 2016 and we would like to migrate them all together to Project Online. 

With the attempt to save the calendars, I have tried to save one of the project (from Project 2016 environment) as a local project file in MS Project Professional, and reopen it again in MS Project Professional connected to the Project Online environment. Using the Organizer tool, (in Calendar tab) i tried to copy ( << Copy ) calendars from the local project 'ProjectCalendar2.mpp' (which consist of all the calendars from the Project 2016 environment) to 'Global (+ non-ached Enterprise)' but couldn't.

Message below is shown:

"Base calendar cannot be modified.
    Use Project Web App to add, edit, or delete enterprise base calendars. If the server allows local base calendars, you can copy those calendars between projects but not into the enterprise global template, the checked-out enterprise global, or projects containing checked-out enterprise resources.
    "

How can I export and import/ migrate calendars from Project 2016 environment to Project Online so that i can reapply these calendars for my enterprise resources? Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.

Friday, October 11, 2019 7:34 AM

Answers

All replies