none
Project Server 2007 Workspace Permissions - PWA Synchronize Workspace vs Project Professional Publish RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following test scenario:

1) Create, save, and publish a project creating a workspace from Project Pro.

2) Add a resource via Build Team in Project Pro, save and publish.

3) Add that same resource to a task, save and publish.

4) Delete the task (or at least the resource from the task), save and publish.

5) Delete the resource from the team, save and publish.

When I look at the workspace permissions for the site after step 2, the user/resource is assigned to Readers, as I expect.  When I look at the workspace permissions after step 3, the user is assigned to Team Members and Readers (I would have expected only Team Members). After step 4, the user's rights are unchanged (I would have expected the rights to go back to Readers only).  After step 5, the user is removed from the workspace permissions (as I expect).

However, when I perform a PWA Synchronize workspace, I get the expected outcomes after each step.

It appears that Project Pro publish does not operate the same way as PWA Synchronize.  Can someone explain the real rules for Project Pro publish?  Is it considered 'broken'? Our sharepoint platform is MOSS rather than WSS if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Barry Overcash
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:32 PM

Answers