Flashdrive recognized as memorycard reader? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    I have had a problem with connecting my MP3 with Vista for a while now.
    When I contact the manufacturers they say it works with Vista, and it does (atleast it did), but not right now...
    I have a 2 GB Exibel MP3 player, have had it for about 9 months or so.
    The big problem is that I have not been able to get it work correctly, I managed once, but upon reboot it kind of changed back, and now I have all sorts of problems.

For instance, it used to not show up at removable devices. Now it does, but when I open it is asks me to insert a disk into it. Now, this WOULD have been OK, if it wherent for that it is not a card reader, and you can't remove a card etc. etc.
    I have no idea what to do now.
    Help?!

Windows Vista Ultimate
    Service Pack 1
    800MHz CPU
    1.25GB RAM
    32MB GPU

Now I doubt any of that will help, but.

This is my MP3 player, if it matters at all...
    http://www.clasohlson.se/Archive/Images/Products/Hi/382368_X_2007-09-05_134037_337.jpg

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We have tried to search for more information regarding this MP3 device but cannot find the homepage. If possible, please provide us with one.

This behavior occurs if the Plug and Play driver installation information is corrupt. Please follow the steps below.

Step1. Show hidden folders

=========================

1. Click the Start button, Click "Computer" -> "Organize" -> "Folder and Search Options".

2. Click the "View" tab. Under "Hidden files and folders", click "Show hidden files and folders".

3. To display other hidden files, uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" check box.

Step2. Rename the USB inf relate files

=========================

1. Click the Start Button, type "%windir%\inf" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and press Enter.

2. Please locate "Infcache.1" file, right click on it, click Properties, select Security tab, click the current User Account name, click Edit, check Full Control checkbox as Allow, then all the checkbox will be checked  as Allow, click OK, click OK.

3. Right click the Infcache.1, select Rename, please type infcache.1-bak in the text box, press Enter. Then Infcache.1 would be renamed to infcache.1-bak.

4. Please locate all the files beginning with "oem", for example: oem0 and oem.PNF. Please follow the steps above to rename all the files.

5. Please restart the computer.

Then you may hide system files and hidden files again.

If the issue persists, please let me know if you have manually installed any driver for the MP3, and if you have changed any USB settings in the device. If you can find any other MP3 devices, please test if they work properly. Some MP3 device supports external flash card, please confirm if your device also supports.

Additionally, please let me know if the MP3 worked properly when it was recognized as a card reader.

Please also collect the device installation log. Open the folder C:\Windows\inf, and find the file setupapi.dev(.log). Please then open the following website and upload the log.

https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=f78e8c43-dcd2-4e73-bede-b79eec77dc83

Password is ZgDt2-aQZL3QQ

Hope it helps.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 10:30 AM