"Project Web Access cannot connect to Project Server" in Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Project Server 2007 i am receiving the following error when i click on view assignment for only a specific resource:

"Project Server cannot connect to Project Server. For more information, contact your system administrator"

What is the cause of this issue?

How to overcome this issue?

Please let me know

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 11:39 AM

Answers

• It sounds to me like the resource record is corrupted for that user or perhaps an EPM code used on the resource is now invalid.    Have you made any changes to the EPM codes that relate to resource records.  Is this resource using a lookup table that has an invalid entry.

You also need to look at the ULS log for more details and Window event log.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Marked as answer by epmXperts Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:45 PM
  • Hi

It has been long since this thread has been posted or updated, closing this thread assuming this has been already resolved, closing is necessary in order to keep the threads moderated

please feel free to either reopen this thread or create a new one if you feel it has not been resolved & warrants further discussion

Also would suggest if you find an answer or a workaround tot this problem, please share in order for other forum members to get benefit of your experience

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Edited by epmXperts Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:43 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:43 PM

All replies

• It sounds to me like the resource record is corrupted for that user or perhaps an EPM code used on the resource is now invalid.    Have you made any changes to the EPM codes that relate to resource records.  Is this resource using a lookup table that has an invalid entry.

You also need to look at the ULS log for more details and Window event log.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:45 PM
  • Hi wharton,

We have restarted the queue service in the middle of working hours.

We have not done any changes to the EPM codes related to resource records.

What do you suggest to do now?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:28 PM
  • Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to overcome this issue?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Hi

It has been long since this thread has been posted or updated, closing this thread assuming this has been already resolved, closing is necessary in order to keep the threads moderated

please feel free to either reopen this thread or create a new one if you feel it has not been resolved & warrants further discussion

Also would suggest if you find an answer or a workaround tot this problem, please share in order for other forum members to get benefit of your experience

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Edited by epmXperts Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:43 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:43 PM