Sequencing Office 2010 64-bit version with Appv-V 4.6 SP1? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having great difficulty successfully doing this. I've run the deployment kit on both the sequencer machine and my test desktop client. Whatever seems to happen, when I try and run Office 2010 64-bit on my desktop client, I am asked to enter a product key. Originally I was receiving the licensing error which a lot of people seem to have, but after installing the deployment kit on the client, that error disappears.... But why is it asking me for a product key? I even tried to enter one from my MSDN account and all are getting rejected. Something is not right here..... I did read somewhere that Office 2010 64-bit version is not actually supported with App-V 4.6 SP1? Is anyone able to confirm this and if this is the same situation for 5.0? Thanks for any help.

Dean

Friday, March 15, 2013 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by DeanJP Friday, March 15, 2013 10:17 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 10:08 AM
  • Thanks. I just wanted to hear it plain and simple that Office 64-bit is not supported and there is a reference to that in the prescriptive guidelines.

Friday, March 15, 2013 10:17 AM