Drill down on the bottom axis RRS feed

• Question

• I have an anlytics report with Year-Month-Day as the series, Product hierarchy as the bottom axis, and sales amount as background.
    But the question is, when browsing the chart, I can only drill down on the series. If I want to drill down on Product hierarchy, the bottom axis, I have to pivot the bottom axis first.

I want to know whether there is an easy way to drill down the bottom axis?

Thanks
    Friday, June 12, 2009 2:35 AM

Answers

• By default it will be setup to drill down on the series for Analytical Charts.  This is just the natural behavior of this report as it is today.  You could pivot the data to place the bottom axis on the series or if you don't want to pivot you can right-click on the data series and you will see an option to Switch to "<bottom axis member>".  You can select that and then the drill down behavior will be based on that selection instead of the series.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by mihao2002 Monday, June 15, 2009 12:43 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not sure whether you can drill on the bottom axis in PPS. You have 2 options other than what you mentioned.

1)You could convert the chart into grid and drill down.

2) Else if you have proclarity you could create the same report in proclarity and import it into PPS.

Regards,
    Ram
    Friday, June 12, 2009 5:19 AM
  • Thanks Ramakrishnan,

Actually, the reason why I ask this is because I am trying to figure out whether ProClarity can be replaced with Performancepoint.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:35 AM
  • By default it will be setup to drill down on the series for Analytical Charts.  This is just the natural behavior of this report as it is today.  You could pivot the data to place the bottom axis on the series or if you don't want to pivot you can right-click on the data series and you will see an option to Switch to "<bottom axis member>".  You can select that and then the drill down behavior will be based on that selection instead of the series.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by mihao2002 Monday, June 15, 2009 12:43 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 11:12 AM