Lync 2010 extension numbers RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

how can i get the contact details when dialling an local user extension number (e.g. +100)?

when i dial and call the extension number, there is no information show who is the person i am calling unless i am sure of the number.

hoping for your help.

thanks

Friday, February 11, 2011 1:27 AM

Answers

• Make sure that the Telephone Number field in AD is populated with +100, otherwise there is nothing for it to match.
    Mike Stacy | http://mikestacy.typepad.com
    • Marked as answer by superJazz Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:55 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 3:39 AM

All replies

• Is the local user extension a Lync extension?  It is recommended in Lync to use E.164 not just extensions.  If you want 3 digit dialing you can normalize the 3 digit extension to E.164 using normalization rules in Lync.

Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Messaging | www.unplugthepbx.com
    Friday, February 11, 2011 1:31 AM
  • Hi Mark,

yes it is a Lync extension number. it is already normalized to use E.164.

but when i dial the 3 digit lync extension, i do not get any contact details.

thanks.

Friday, February 11, 2011 1:39 AM
  • So Rey when you dial 100 it normalizes to +100 or something different?  When it normalizes does the contact card of the user with that number show up?  If not, sounds like you have an address book issue.

Does it work if you have this user in your outlook contacts?

Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Messaging | www.unplugthepbx.com
    • Proposed as answer by Ben-Shun Zhu Friday, February 11, 2011 5:58 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 2:08 AM
  • yes mark when i dial 100, it normalizes to +100..there are no contact card of the user showing up..

i have not tried it out yet with users in my outlook contacts..ill try it out.

thanks

Friday, February 11, 2011 2:47 AM
  • Make sure that the Telephone Number field in AD is populated with +100, otherwise there is nothing for it to match.
    Mike Stacy | http://mikestacy.typepad.com
    • Marked as answer by superJazz Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:55 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 3:39 AM