Drop Down Menu in People Search in Outlook Home Page RRS feed

• Question

• I use the search people box in Outlook 2016. The problem is that every time I have to go back to the search bar, it doesn't remember the last thing you searched. If it had a drop down menu when you started typing, it would save me so much time. I can't tell you how much time I spend going to a contact and unless I open it, then go to call or a website, and forget the extension or password and have to go back to the search bar and retype the whole word. Please see if you can create an update to change this.
    • Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, August 22, 2018 2:08 AM move to dedicated outlook forum
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 4:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Cheryl,

Do you refer to the "Search People" box on the Outlook ribbon?

If this is the case, currently the Search People feature doesn't have a recent searches drop-down list. However, in theory, you don't need to retype the whole word, just type the first few letters of the person's first name or email address. As you type, Outlook will continually refine the search. For example, if you type the letter t, Outlook will return matches such as Tony, Teresa, and Tanya. If you type ta, Outlook will further refine that list to Tanya.

Anyway, this sounds a good idea for me. Since this is a technical forum, I'd recommend you submit this idea via the UserVoice forum, which is the most direct channel our product team utilizes to collect suggestions and ideas from our customers. Microsoft values all customer feedback. We want to hear from you about how we can make our products better.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, August 27, 2018 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2018 2:29 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 27, 2018 9:15 AM