Urgent help needed - Word 2007 encountered a problem, cannot save my document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am running a new pc with Windows 7 Pro, and Office 2007. I worked on a word document for whole day, when I save it, the error message "Word has encountered a problem and need to close" pop up. Now I cannot save this document.

I have tried copy and paste to Word Pad, got the error message again. I printed it out ok.

As the file has 35 pages, I really need someone to help me to find a way to save it.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:55 AM

Answers

• Try saving as an .rtf file

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Hypertensivecrisis" wrote in message news:244ffc04-10bc-4c5e-a007-d213cb420f74@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi, I am running a new pc with Windows 7 Pro, and Office 2007. I worked on a word document for whole day, when I save it, the error message "Word has encountered a problem and need to close" pop up. Now I cannot save this document.

I have tried copy and paste to Word Pad, got the error message again. I printed it out ok.

As the file has 35 pages, I really need someone to help me to find a way to save it.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Monday, September 6, 2010 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:09 AM

All replies

• Try saving as an .rtf file

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Hypertensivecrisis" wrote in message news:244ffc04-10bc-4c5e-a007-d213cb420f74@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi, I am running a new pc with Windows 7 Pro, and Office 2007. I worked on a word document for whole day, when I save it, the error message "Word has encountered a problem and need to close" pop up. Now I cannot save this document.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Monday, September 6, 2010 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:09 AM
  • Thanks Doug, it failed too.

At the end, I found that our Win 7 inactivation caused the problem. I active it, then everything was back to normal.

Monday, September 6, 2010 5:27 AM