none
TNEFEnabled Question - Sending invites or sending attachments

Question

• We created several room mailboxes for our conference rooms in Exchange.  When our end users send invites to these conference room to internal attendees, we do not have any issues.   When they send invites to these rooms to external attendees, this email gets caught up in the exchange submission queue.   After doing a lot of research, I was pointed to: Set-RemoteDomain Default -TNEFEnabled $true.  This worked great, those invites aren't getting caught up in the submission queue.

Now, I have other end users, who email attachments to external people, who say that they don't get that attachment but a winmail.dat attachment. I tried it myself, and yes but only to certain organizations like AOL and AT&T (Yahoo) - to just name a couple.  however if I send the attachment to live.com or gmail.com the attachment comes through fine.   Also when I:  Set-RemoteDomain Default -TNEFEnabled $nul - all organizations I tested came through just fine.  However, the invites get caught in the submission queue.  

Is there a solution to this?

Thank you,

Scott.   

ScottL

Friday, May 26, 2017 9:17 PM

All replies

• Forward them as an .ics to the external antendees instead.

Friday, May 26, 2017 10:32 PM
  • Hi Scott,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Niko -

I'm still getting these messages caught in the submission queue.  Is it normal for a business of over 150 users or for that matter any business to have their employees forward calendar meetings as an .ics to the external attendees?

Are there alternatives?

Scott

ScottL

Monday, August 7, 2017 2:38 PM