WSUS Post Installation Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

Hope you well !

we are facing WSUS post installation  not functioning windows 2012,

Error :-

PS C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools> .\wsusutil.exe postinstall CONTENT_DIR=E:\Wsus SQL_INSTANCE_NAME=<>
    Log file is located at C:\Users\2000094\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC771.tmp
    Post install is starting
    Fatal Error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

We have Single box with windows 2012 OS and we are using multiple services like, ADC, SQL, DNS, WSUS and Visual. So i want to know WSUS compatible with below services.

regards

Sheetla Maurya

Friday, May 30, 2014 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have find out resolution, As per Microsoft Tech Net We can not installed Domain controller, SQL Server and WSUS Server on Single box.

So i was demoted ADC service on same box and after that reinstalled IIS and WSUS services, now its working perfectly.

Regards

Sheetla Maurya

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you please tell some more information?

Have you installed WSUS ever before?

For database, did you use windows internal database or SQL server?

Monday, June 2, 2014 11:40 AM
  • Fatal Error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

We have Single box with windows 2012 OS and we are using multiple services like, ADC, SQL, DNS, WSUS and Visual.

I suspect those two statements are highly related, most notably that you've tried to install WSUS on a Domain Controller. This forum is full of conversations over the past two years of what is required to install WSUS on a WS2012 Domain Controller.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCSA, MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2014)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Lawrence%20R%20Garvin-32101
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 1:14 AM
  • Hi,

I have find out resolution, As per Microsoft Tech Net We can not installed Domain controller, SQL Server and WSUS Server on Single box.

So i was demoted ADC service on same box and after that reinstalled IIS and WSUS services, now its working perfectly.

Regards

Sheetla Maurya

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:43 AM