none
Migration of SharePoint 2010 reports to SharePoint Online

Question

• There are few SQL Server reports that need to be migrated to SharePoint Online. Is it possible

Data Source

DataSource Type is SharePoint List

• Edited by ghsajith Sunday, June 12, 2016 11:46 AM edit
    • Moved by Hemendra Agrawal Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:27 AM SP Online
    Sunday, June 12, 2016 11:43 AM

Answers

• Hi ghsajith,

While Microsoft supports and encourages open-source software development, it does not provide technical support for the softwares from third parties, nor does it guarantee that the software will work as described.

If you want to get more details about the third party product, I suggest you going to the official site of that product.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:31 AM

All replies

• Currently there is SharePoint 2010 Portal on premise  which is integrated to reporting services.  We are migrating the SharePoint 2010 to Office 365 (SharePoint Online). 

Is it possible to connect current reporting server from SharePoint Online or  if the reporting server is moved to Azure, Can we run the report on SharePoint Online from Azure ?

Saturday, June 11, 2016 10:11 AM
  • Hello

Sharepoint Online Doesn't support SSRS. So it's impossible to render your reports to Sharepoint Online. You can use excel services to use sharepoint list as datasource and render reports in excel. Please let me know for any further questions.

Sunday, June 12, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Hi ghsajith,

According to your description, you want to integrate SSRS with SharePoing online.

SP online is different from the on-premise version SharePoint. I regret that the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is not available in SharePoint Online at present as it mentioned in the this article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sharepoint-online-service-description.aspx

If you want to know more details, I suggest you creating a new thread in office 365 forum:

https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents,and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

CY

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Chris yuri Monday, June 13, 2016 6:39 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2016 6:39 AM
  • Its look like there is no support for SSRS with SharePoint online. However, you could alternatively use Power PI view. Refer to the following post for more information

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5732d7db-abc7-4e24-af88-854110af1036/migrate-ssrs-reports-to-powerbi-for-online-sp-2013?forum=powerbiforoffice365

Cheers,

Visual Studio Developer Tools Download

Monday, June 13, 2016 6:41 AM
  • As above suggested, the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is not available in SharePoint Online at present as it mentioned in the this article. Also check this article to get in detailed about Insights Features in SharePoint Online.

Also you can monitor Office 365 Roadmap to get the related information, Microsoft will publish the information to the Roadmap once there are some updates regading this.

I think that the best option to build reports is Excel Services or Power BI. Check this earlier thread might helps you i.e. MIgrate SSRS Reports to Power-BI for ONline SP 2013

Hope this helps!

Easily migrate anything from Office 365, File Servers, Public Folders, OneDrive and SharePoint to SharePoint Online easily with Lepide SharePoint Migrator.

Monday, June 13, 2016 9:46 AM
  • There is a third party product called  SSRS Report Enabler  developed by ProjectHosts. Anyone used ?
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:26 PM
  • Hi ghsajith,

While Microsoft supports and encourages open-source software development, it does not provide technical support for the softwares from third parties, nor does it guarantee that the software will work as described.

If you want to get more details about the third party product, I suggest you going to the official site of that product.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

CY

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:31 AM