OUTLOOK NOT BEING ABLE TO SEND OR RECIEVE EMAILS RRS feed

• Question

• AFTER NSTALLING VESION 7 I HAD TO REINSTALL MOCROSOFT OFFICE INCLUDING OUTLOOK. HOWEVER AFTER IT WAS INSTALLED I COULD NOT GET IT TO SEND OR RECIEVE EMAILES TO ETHER OF MY PERSIONAL OR BUISNESS ADDRESSES. CAN YOU ADVISE
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:22 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:49 PM

Answers

• AFTER NSTALLING VESION 7 I HAD TO REINSTALL MOCROSOFT OFFICE INCLUDING OUTLOOK. HOWEVER AFTER IT WAS INSTALLED I COULD NOT GET IT TO SEND OR RECIEVE EMAILES TO ETHER OF MY PERSIONAL OR BUISNESS ADDRESSES. CAN YOU ADVISE

I assume you installed Windows 7 fresh, if its an upgrade, then I need to know this too. You should not be having any problems unless there some corruption in the office files. Try reinstalling and choose repair.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe

Server: IBM PC 300GL, Pentium III 667, Linux Server, has a 137GB disk limit, making it useless for upgrading my chess site

Workstation: Asus M2NBP-VM CSM motherboard, AMD 4200+ 65W CPU, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 8600GT, 320GB storage with 160GB for backups, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Signature Edition.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:31 AM

All replies

• Please don't post in all caps. Most people use them for emphasis (SHOUTING).

Which version of Office/Outlook did you install?

I'm still using Outlook 2003. It works well under Win7, both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

I had to do some configuration to get it to use the server of my email account. I did it manually, rather than relying on Windows Easy Transfer. It's not hard to do, but you must know the addresses of the servers, and the account types. (For example: I get my email through Comcast, and the servers are pop.comcast.net for receiving and smtp.comcast.net for sending.)

If you've gotten rid of that information by re-installing Outlook, you may have to contact support to get the information again. You may also have lost your old emails, if you didn't back them up.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:48 PM
  • Thanks i will try that . i too go through comcast so i will use the same  servers.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:33 AM
  • thanks i will try that
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:35 AM