none
Update Windows Server 2008R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if Microsoft has planned to release the latest updates for Windows Server 2008R2 on Tuesday 14 January 2020, or the latest available updates are those of December.

Thank you

Friday, January 10, 2020 4:52 PM

Answers

• The KB4534310 (Monthly Rollup) is the final monthly rollup for users who haven’t bought Extended Security Update. After you installed this kb, system will give users a full-screen notification that describes the risk of continuing to use Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2.

If you have purchased the Extended Security Update (ESU), the notification will not appear.

Sorry, my previous words is not exact, today's monthly rollup and secuirty-only update are the last updates, your origianl inference is correct.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:15 AM

All replies

• No, the last update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 had released. It’s KB 4530692 which is released on Dec. 10,2019.

If you don’t have Extended Security Update (ESU, you are no longer get any security update.

More information here:

FAQ about Extended Security Updates for Windows 7

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4527878/faq-about-extended-security-updates-for-windows-7

Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:55 AM
  • Hello I and thank you for your reply.

Today I found this pending update on my 2k8r2 server.

https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/4534310/windows-7-update-kb4534310

What's means?

I have not yet checked with the license owner if extended support was purchased, but I do not appear to have received communications about this

Regards
    Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:55 AM
  • The KB4534310 (Monthly Rollup) is the final monthly rollup for users who haven’t bought Extended Security Update. After you installed this kb, system will give users a full-screen notification that describes the risk of continuing to use Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2.

If you have purchased the Extended Security Update (ESU), the notification will not appear.

Sorry, my previous words is not exact, today's monthly rollup and secuirty-only update are the last updates, your origianl inference is correct.

Regards

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:15 AM