Sequencing apps that stored setting data in C drive RRS feed

• Question

• I am about to sequence an application.  The install is pretty straight forward except I need to copy an .ini file to C:\documents and settings\all users\applications\McKessonSTAR\Common for the app to work correctly.  Now the question is if I install this application under the Q: drive and copy the ini file to the path in the C: drive, would that mess up everything?
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 12:29 AM

Answers

• Hi

The INI file will be part of the "bubble" because of that any user who uses this application, can access that ini file.
    If the ini file should be edited by a user, The ini file will be saved per user in the users personal .pkg file -> this is an advantage if you compare it to the "real world situation" where the ini file is not per user but per machine instead.

Kind regards,

Jan van der Elst
    MCT, Login Consultants
    • Marked as answer by Darklord12 Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:49 PM
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hello, It would probably work fine. /Znack
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:05 AM
  • Hello, It would probably work fine. /Znack
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:05 AM
  • Hi

The INI file will be part of the "bubble" because of that any user who uses this application, can access that ini file.
    If the ini file should be edited by a user, The ini file will be saved per user in the users personal .pkg file -> this is an advantage if you compare it to the "real world situation" where the ini file is not per user but per machine instead.

Kind regards,

Jan van der Elst
    MCT, Login Consultants
    • Marked as answer by Darklord12 Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:49 PM
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 12:42 PM
  • When I advertise the mentioned application to a test machine, I get a "Folder Access Failed" error message as followed:
    File Write Test Failed in: C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\McKessonSTAR\common\13
    User may not have full rights to create and update files in a required folder
    How can I fix this? Give all users full right on the folder during the monitor phase of the sequencing process?
    Monday, February 15, 2010 5:28 PM
  • Hello,

Post-sequencing - under the Deployment tab uncheck the following setting;
    Enforce Security descriptors.

/ZNack
    Monday, February 15, 2010 5:34 PM
  • Tried that but still get the same error. After I click ok on the "folder acces failed" dialog box, I get a second dialog box with error message:
    ERROR! Could not access or create 1 required path(s) on Disk!
    STAR Navigator cannot continue loading!

Any other possible solution? Thanks.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 6:49 PM