none
GPO for Real-time collaboration options

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    Based on my research, I have not found the related registry key to enable “always” sharing change.
    However, I would suggest you use process monitor tool to capture the registry change for this option when you choose “always” Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity.
    You could see more details and download it from: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645
    When you capture the related registry, then you could deploy it via group policy preference.
    Best Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 01, 2016 6:20 AM
  • Hi,
    Based on my research, I have not found the related registry key to enable “always” sharing change.
    However, I would suggest you use process monitor tool to capture the registry change for this option when you choose “always” Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity.
    You could see more details and download it from: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645
    When you capture the related registry, then you could deploy it via group policy preference.
    Best Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy, that is a good tip but process monitor did no catch anything.
    Thursday, September 01, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Hi,
    In this case, there might be 2 causes for me: process monitor tool not working well to capture the change; no related registry for this option.
    You could refer to other tools to try again, here is a similar thread which you could find some suggested tools: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/144468/tracking-changes-in-windows-registry
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    In addition, I would suggest you post the question in the Office 365 Pro Plus forum which may offer more details about this option.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=Office2016ITPro
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Monday, September 05, 2016 1:42 AM
  • I have already posted it to Microsoft Office > Office 2016 and Office 365 ProPlus - Planning, Deployment, and Compatibility forum as well, there was one misleading answer. What I'm saying is that this setting is not stored in registry. ProPlus also "includes" Group Policy support (unlike 365 Business Premium) and that's why I'm also asking here if there are any other options how to deploy this setting to hundreds of users (some Group Policy Preferences maybe that I'm not seeing).
    Monday, September 05, 2016 4:36 AM
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your explanation. As I suggested, you could use the suggested tools to capture if there is a registry relating to this option again. If still fail, as far as I know, it might that there is no method to deploy this option via GPO.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 1:55 AM