Outlook 2007 for Gmail Client RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add my gmail account to my Outlook 2007 client.  I put in all the settings as instructed but it won't work and results in failure of Outlook to log into the Gmail server.  Not all of the settings described in the Gmail process match up exactly with the Outlook account settings.  Gmail lists an incoming server port (995) but not an outgoing one for instance. They list 587 for outgoing  TLS encryption but not one for the SMPT server.  Sorry I'm way over my head here.   But there are 3 boxes of buttons and it's a bit hard to describe the discrepancies. 

Maybe someone is familiar with the main failure modes of this process.

Friday, November 29, 2019 10:28 PM

All replies

• You might try posting on answers.microsoft.com. This forum is for SharePoint.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Sunday, December 1, 2019 6:30 PM
  • Hi KidTulocay,

Thanks for posting in TechNet forum.

Based on your description, your question is mainly related to Outlook. To help you better resolve the problem, I move the thread to Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

Thanks for your kind understanding.         

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 2, 2019 1:56 AM
  • What account type are you trying to configure? POP or IMAP?

You could check the account settings in this official article.

I have one Gmail account and you may refer to the account settings:

If all the settings are correct, I'd like to recommend you recreate a new profile and configure again. To do this, open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add. Type a name for this profile and then follow the instruction to configure Gmail account.

By the way, since support for Outlook 2007 has ended on October 10, 2017. Microsoft will not provide support for Outlook 2007, including security patches, non-security hot fixes, and incident/assisted support. It is recommended to upgrade to newer version of Office to get better support and user experience. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:47 AM
    Monday, December 2, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Any updates? Have you added Gmail correctly?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:51 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptom:]

====================

Cannot configure Gmail on Outlook client.

[(Possible) Cause:]

====================

Account configuration is not correct.

[Troubleshooting Steps so far:]

====================

1. Confirm account settings: server/port

2. test in a new profile

[Reference Links:]

====================

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/pop-and-imap-email-settings-for-outlook-8361e398-8af4-4e97-b147-6c6c4ac95353

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:32 AM