none
Error opening portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

Have finaly installed Microsoft Identity Manager Portal 2016, but when I tried to Login via Domain Admin (or any other account used to during installation) i get folowing error:

Where I need to look into to finally make it works?

Best regards.

Saturday, July 28, 2018 4:38 PM

All replies

• By default there are no users in the portal/service database. The user you installed MIM with will be an administrator account that you can use to login and bootstrap more users. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Monday, July 30, 2018 2:16 PM
  • Al right. I have several users: one I used to install MIM Sync server, one for MIM Service, one for MIM Portal and one user for SharePoint site. All installations was running as my personal domain account (not anyone above). Which user I should use to get the portal? Best regards.
    Monday, July 30, 2018 3:43 PM
  • It would be your personal domain account. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Monday, July 30, 2018 8:34 PM
  • So, this is screenshot made after I've logged in with my personal account.

I have one more additional question: when I open http://mim_svc:5725 or 5726 I get this:

Does it normal behavior? Do I need to do what the first tells me to do?

Monday, July 30, 2018 9:21 PM
  • That's normal. They're web services not a UI.

Can you confirm in the Forefront Identity Manager event log that the missing user it reports corresponds to the account you're using? 

Thanks,
    Brian

Monday, July 30, 2018 9:22 PM
  • Brian, thank you for your help.

Tell me please, where I can get this logs?

Monday, July 30, 2018 9:35 PM
  • Event Viewer under Apps and Services

Thanks,
    Brian

Monday, July 30, 2018 9:43 PM
  • Brian, I have log full of following errors:

And the user mentioned on the first screen is the user sharepoint AppPool is run as.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:31 AM
  • That means you're trying to sign-in as the user the SP app pool is running as. Can you make sure you're running IE as your normal user? 

Thanks,
    Brian

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 2:44 PM
  • I changed IIS AppPool user to myself and finally got the access to the portal.

But if I try to log in as another user to the portal I get into the portal, but alongside with Welcome I see my account name but on top of the site I see real account name I logged in.

I tried to alter "User management: Users can read attributes of their own" policy as described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-identity-manager/install-mim-service-portal and change AppPool user back to SharePoint portal user that is mentioned above and in the screenshots and I got this error again.

So the question is: is there any impersonations take place? If yes: how can I turn it off?

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:24 PM