Windows 10 Pro Not Reporting to WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• I have WSUS on Windows 2016 in domain environment. All Windows 2016 and Windows 10 LTSB clients are reporting to WSUS server but Windows 10 Pro is not reporting to WSUS server. Is there any know issue with Windows 10 Pro?
    Monday, October 7, 2019 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Avilt,

According to your description, I think it may be caused by the following reasons:

1. First, troubleshoot the connection problem, please make sure that the client reporting the problem can access the WSUS server normally, you can access it by using the browser on the client:

> http://wsusserverFQDN:8530/selfupdate/iuident.cab
      (When SSL enable, please use https://wsusserverFQDN:8531/selfupdate/iuident.cab )

You can see the file download prompt under normal circumstances. Otherwise check the network connection.

2. Please check that Group Policy for WSUS has been applied correctly in these clients. You can consider running rsop.msc in the elevated CMD on the client for checking.

3. If these Windows 10 Pro clients are built by cloning image, it may be due to duplicate SusClientId in the registry. Consider removing this part of the client from the WSUS console and then running it on the affected CMD in the promoted CMD:

net stop bits
      net stop wuauserv
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientIDValidation /f
      rd /s /q "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution"
      net start bits
      net start wuauserv
      usoclient.exe startscan

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 1:07 AM
  • Thank you very useful but unfortunately it did not resolve my issue.

1. URL access works fine

2. RSOP.MSC shows the WSUS server and the settings

3. Tried these steps

All my systems are in a local LAN, all systems are reporting except Windows 10 Pro.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 4:52 PM
  • Hi Avilt,

Please consider checking the Windows Update.log of the Windows 10 Pro client that has the problem, does it contain any errors reporting the process to WSUS?

Please consider the troubleshooting guide for this article for troubleshooting the client: "Troubleshooting issues with WSUS client agents".

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:57 AM
  • Hi Avilt,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Friday, October 18, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Connected the PC to the Internet, synchronized once and put back in local LAN. Now it's reporting to WSUS
    Friday, October 18, 2019 7:54 PM
  • Hi Avilt,

The reply is to confirm the current observation, is the synchronization situation normal?
    Also want to confirm if any updates are installed during the networking synchronization process?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Yic

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:22 AM
  • Hi Avilt,

Since this thread has not received subsequent progress for a long time, in order to facilitate follow-up, the following is a summary of current progress:

• Issue Symptom
      In a multi-system client environment, the Windows 10 Pro client does not report to the WSUS server normally.

• Possible Cause
      Related to Windows Update Agent (old version or missing related files)

• Solution
      After the client connects to the Internet, it reports normally.However, it is not clear whether the problem will still occur again and whether it can be reported normally after leaving the Internet.

Regards,
    Yic

Friday, November 8, 2019 6:07 AM
  • I have wasted so much time behind the investigation without any luck.

I am even facing this issue with 2016 as Client to WSUS

My WSUS runs on 2016 server with all the security patches installed, many often the WSUS crashes which can only be resolved by server restart and not service restart.

Friday, November 8, 2019 7:23 AM