none
Individual Capture Task Squences or just one? RRS feed

• Question

• Just trying to clean up MDT and have this question about multiple Captures I have...

Each time I have a different Capture TS, I create a new one in MDT. I have different images for specific sections so they have different software, etc. I realize I need separate Deploy Sequences but each time I capture/recapture one, I can use the same Capture TS for them all, just point them to different folders? They all have the same OS.

I don't modify the unattend, or anything for that matter, in any of my Capture TS's. But I have 7 images, and therefore 7 Captures all doing the same thing, just for different images. I'd like to just use one if I can...never knew if I could.

Friday, June 30, 2017 1:28 PM

All replies

• Yes, I use multiple task sequences as well.

I have a task sequence for every image I want to build. I have one for server, one for windows 7x86, another for Windows10 LTSB and another for Windows 10x64.

This allows me to know with absolute certainty that the image I build today is the same as the one I build six months ago, the only difference is this one is fully patched.

Friday, June 30, 2017 3:22 PM
  • I'm wondering of the necessity of individual capture sequences. If they are all using MDT default settings - meaning no changes to the Sysprep and Capture TS at all - is there a 'need' to have one for each? I have one for each, but that's merely because I was never assured that it could be just one.

Since I created one Capture TS, I see that each time I create another one for a new image, I just repeat the process and make a new one, naming it for that image, and so on. The only difference between them is what I name the captured WIM and where I store it.

Friday, June 30, 2017 4:30 PM