SCOM 2012 Hyper-V Maintenance Mode RRS feed

• Question

• HI all

i have two question sbaout SCOM 2012 Maintenance Mode togehter with SCCM 2012.
    We are patching our Servers every month over SCCM 2012.

in the Moment i have an Little Problem when our Hyper-V host are patched. how can i handle this for the quests that we didnt receive any Messages?

i hope anyone can help me.

Thanks

Monday, March 24, 2014 12:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When an object is put into Maintenance Mode, all workflows that are targeted against that object are suspended during that specific interval. This prevents alerts and notifications from being generated by the workflows that are targeted against the object in Maintenance Mode and helps reduce alerting noise during a planned maintenance activity on the server. In Maintenance Mode, alerts, notifications, rules, monitors, automatic responses, state changes, and new alerts are suppressed at the agent.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, April 7, 2014 4:36 PM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When an object is put into Maintenance Mode, all workflows that are targeted against that object are suspended during that specific interval. This prevents alerts and notifications from being generated by the workflows that are targeted against the object in Maintenance Mode and helps reduce alerting noise during a planned maintenance activity on the server. In Maintenance Mode, alerts, notifications, rules, monitors, automatic responses, state changes, and new alerts are suppressed at the agent.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, April 7, 2014 4:36 PM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:10 AM
  • Hi
    Yes this is what i want but i read many articles in the Internet the says SCOM sometimes had Problems when Server reboots in maintenance mode.

Is this true?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:25 AM
  • Hi,

If there are issues when server in maintenance mode, there will be no alert for this, we should stop the mode, and then check report for the server.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:35 AM
  • HI all
    i take a look how we can handle this maybe with Orchestrator since we have some additional Needs since today:
    Thanks for your help

Regards

Thorsten

Monday, March 31, 2014 8:48 AM