Windoes 7 | Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 | LifeChat 1.3 | Program Blocked due to incompatibility issues? RRS feed

• Question

• Rather funny, microsoft produfct that doesn't work on Windows 7.

Anyways, about the problem.. I put the CD in, administraitor rights, bla bla bla...

Pop, window saying "Program Blocked due to incompativility Issues", rather funny as I checked and this micropohone is supposed to work on WINDOWS 7.

Any help would and will be accepted.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Radeck,

Please install LifeChat 1.4 for Windows 7 and see if the issue can be resolved: LifeChat 1.4 (32-bit and 64-bit) for Windows 7

For more information, please refer to this website: Microsoft Hardware Support for Windows 7.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Radeck Friday, June 18, 2010 5:47 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 5:35 AM
  • A million thanks, Linda Yan!

Regards,

Radeck. :3

Friday, June 18, 2010 5:47 AM
  • My pleasure. J
    Friday, June 18, 2010 8:40 AM
  • LifeChat 1.4 is a bust for me.  It runs and claims to have installed the software but when I plug in the headset the driver installer reports that it can't find any drivers.  This is on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Like others I find it weird that a Microsoft hardware product is a) not given an inbox driver  b) can't be found/updated on Windows Update.

Since you also go to great lengths to hide the driver package I can't even try to manually point the system at a .inf file. 

Rather typically after months of not needing it the headset since I moved to Windows 7 I need the headset working right now.  The forums are laced with problems about the LX-3000 with Windows 7 going back to pre-release versions, so this is obviously not going to be fixed in my lifetime.  My only solution appears to be to go out and buy a new one and make sure it's not made by Microsoft.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:53 AM