Explore fails to run RRS feed

• Question

• I have loaded the patch for explore 11 KB30558515 and KB3065822 several times and then explore does not connect to the internet anymore.  I receive a error message that this page can not be displayed. This happens with any browser I use.  It seems that port 80 is shut down for this reason. I am running win7 64 pro and home on two different PC's. I am also running Norton anti virus. can some one assist thanks.
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:27 PM

Answers

• I am also running Norton anti virus.

So that would be a good thing to suspect as a cause, e.g. a misconfigured firewall which is not recognizing a program and therefore treating it as a "suspected Trojan", which apparently can involve just blocking the request without any message or logging.  To try to bypass that possibility see if you can boot in safe mode with Networking, then check to see that Norton is not running and then see if you can connect.  Note: some security products are known to interfere even when they are not supposed to, so an even better test which may prove necessary would be completely removing it first.  And even then some security products are known to have deficient uninstall procedures in which case you may have to go to the manufacturer and request their cleanup program to be completely rid of its interfering effects.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, August 7, 2015 11:21 PM
    Answerer