retrive the HP LASERJET 1100 printer driver from vista ... to W7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I've an HP Laserjet 1100 printer and I need the driver for w7 ... it's on Vista with (MS) ... can I retrieved it on W7 ?

Friday, February 27, 2009 8:35 PM

Answers

• Use the Windows Update button during add printer and it will load the driver but be patient, it can take 10 minutes to get the results.

It has the HP 1100 driver.

• Marked as answer by Tim Quan Monday, March 2, 2009 10:05 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2009 10:36 PM

All replies

• Use the Windows Update button during add printer and it will load the driver but be patient, it can take 10 minutes to get the results.

It has the HP 1100 driver.

• Marked as answer by Tim Quan Monday, March 2, 2009 10:05 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2009 10:36 PM
  • Lead3, did you try this solution for this particuler HP printer? I did, for me it doesn't work, Win7 does not recognize my hardvare as a printer. It stays on a list of not recognized equipment. My laserJet is connected directly via USB to computer.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 1:04 PM
  • I did. Try the following. Disconnect your printer. Go to Devices and Printers and select Add a Printer. Select local Printer, use existing port LPT1. Then select Windows update to get the updated list of printers. It will take upwards of 10 minutes during which the windows will seem frozen. It is not, be patient. When the new list appears, select cancel. Reconnect your printer. It should find it and install the driver.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 10:56 PM
  • First off, L2TP port is parallel. The original post was for USB printer.  Second not all printers can be found automatically.

windows update is one way however it's not the best way or the difinitive way to get hardware to work.  

the best way is to visit HP's website and download the latest printer installer.  Not only will this install your drivers autmatically, but it may also include software that came with the install disk. 

Monday, June 1, 2009 11:20 PM
  • First off, it doesn't matter what port you use to get the updated list, LPT1 is just the easiest. If you read my post you will see that I said cancel once the list was available.
     You will find many posts where people have tried HP drivers to no avail.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 11:42 PM
  • I actually have the HP Laserjet 1100 attached to a D-Link print server (DP-G321) and used the 2k/XP drivers that I obtained from here:  http://www.findmysoft.com/drivers/Hp-LaserJet-1100-2-0--driver.html.

Everything prints perfectly.
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 2:50 AM
  • Using Windows Update is fine, unless you need a copy of the driver to deploy.

Just download the Windows 2000 'driver' and it will work fine.  The 'driver' for these printers is nothing but a rendering DLL and an INF file, it will work on any OS with the appropriate hooks, including Windows 7.
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:34 AM
  • Dear Lonestarshack,

I have also a laserjet 110 and try it in Window7 64bit with USB.

I try to download the driver above, but the site is stopped.

How can I cat that driver or the properly driver for Vista 64bit.

Can You help me?

MeinieH (meindert.huybens@casema.nl)

Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:23 PM
  • That hasn't worked for YEARS.  HP doesn't provide all the drivers for all its products.  It says go to MS and MS doesn't have it either.
    Monday, October 17, 2016 6:58 PM