none
Adding fields in Power BI - Project Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I Wonder if anyone would have an idea how to add a "missing" field/information from project in the database used by default by Power BI.

My best example is the project priority. As incredible as it may sound, the project priority is not an information available in Power BI. Same for custom fields.

Using the desktop version (and not the web version) of Power BI, I can see the tables and fields exported in the power BI.

But I have no idea on how to create in the first place this database and how to include fields.

Thanks in advance, even if I do not really have some great hope anyone would have the answer.

By the way there are tons of improvements to be done in Project Online and especially its link with PowerBI.

I have no idea if this forum is just users trying to do the support Microsoft may do, or if sometimes Microsoft does answer.

Gwendal

Thursday, May 3, 2018 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hello,

In Power BI desktop, click Edit Queries, for each query you will see an applied step called "Removed Other Columns", double click that and a pop up will appear with a title Choose Columns and enable you to select other columns.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, May 4, 2018 7:38 AM
  • Hi Gwendal

in power bi you will only see a certain number of fields in tables that come from project online. any custom fields or content types that are custom will also not pull through. You could create a report for each project in power bi and bring through data in odata plus the project site but this wouldn't be a filterable report - you would need to do this for every project.

that said the partner community has reporting solutions that do this magic - we do -  our solution is realtime , dynamic, and reports on everything created in the site collection and into power bi :)

Nikki

Friday, May 11, 2018 11:44 AM