none
single entry mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

i have enabled single entry mode . That means i should see the tasks under MY timesheet instead of my work in PWA.

However for some plans this doesnt happen . the tasks apper under MY TASKS instead of MY TIMESHEET

what could be the problem

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Were the missing tasks created AFTER the timesheet was created? Note that if an assingment is created after the timesheet is created, it doesn't show up automatically in the timesheet, it has to be added manually.

Then ensure that the user doesn't have any filters in his timesheet and that he's looking at the right time period.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:13 AM
  • Hi,

Guillaume is rigth that tasks are added to the timesheet upon creating it. Also be aware that the setting 'single entry mode' does not mean that tasks don't appear in the My Taks page it simply means that task progress is entered using the My Timesheet page.

Regards,

Philip

Verlinden Philip

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 12:50 PM
  • Hi Guillaume;

yes the missing tasks created AFTER the timesheet was created.How do i manually add them now :(

Monday, December 29, 2014 8:52 PM
  • tanveer041989 --

Pardon me for bumping into this conversation.  When you use Single Entry Mode (SEM) with Project Server, this means that tasks will appear on both the Tasks page AND the Timesheet page in PWA for team members.  If you do not want team members to use the Tasks page for entering progress, then I would recommend that your Project Server administrator hide the Tasks link in the Quick Launch Menu and the Tasks button in the Track Your Work carousel at the top of the Home page in PWA (assuming you are using Project Server 2013).  This will restrict users to only the Timesheet page.

To answer your follow up question, you have two choices:

• Delete the timesheet and then recreate it using the Manage Timesheets page.
    • Navigate to the Timesheet page for the selected time period. In the Timesheet ribbon, click the Add Row pick list button and select the Select from Existing Assignments item.  In the Add an Existing Task dialog, select the missing tasks and then click the OK button.

I think you can see that the first option is by far the simplest.  Hope this additional information helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, December 29, 2014 9:08 PM