none
Setting EX2007 mailbox permissions with Exchange Management Shell not reflected in Exchange Management Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to use PowerShell to script some mailbox permissions.  The mailbox permissions I set in the shell are not displaying in the EMC.  The command I'm using is:

add-MailboxPermission -accessrights fullaccess -identity $username -user MYDOMAIN\$supervisor -confirm:$false

I get confirmation from the shell:

Identity             User                 AccessRights                                                IsInherited Deny
    --------             ----                 ------------                                                ----------- ----
    MyDomain.net/Separa... MYDOMAIN\mysupervisor    {FullAccess}                                                False       False

Afterwards, when I look in the Exchange Management Console for this user (Right click, Manage Full Access), even after allowing time for replication, I don't see this new permission reflected there.  But If I use Get-MailboxPermission $username, the permissions show up:

Identity             User                 AccessRights                                                IsInherited Deny
    --------             ----                 ------------                                                ----------- ----
    MyDomain.net/Separa... MYDOMAIN\mysupervisor    {FullAccess}                                                False       False

Why is this addition not being reflected in the shell?

Monday, February 23, 2015 2:07 PM

Answers

• "mysupervisor" was able to access it with no problems.  I should mention I was using a server with Exchange 2013 management shell installed.  I instead ran this from a server with Exchange 2007 management shell and the update was reflected properly on multiple mailboxes.
    • Marked as answer by TC610 Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:25 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The cmdlet you use to grant full access permission is right. If your case, please let "mysupervisor" access to this user's mailbox and verify if he/she can access it. Maybe Exchange Management Console has not been updated well.

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 5:30 AM
  • "mysupervisor" was able to access it with no problems.  I should mention I was using a server with Exchange 2013 management shell installed.  I instead ran this from a server with Exchange 2007 management shell and the update was reflected properly on multiple mailboxes.
    • Marked as answer by TC610 Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:25 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:24 PM