Change AD FS 2016 Service Account RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently set up AD FS 4.0 on a Win2016 Server. Accidentally I have setup this with the wrong domain account as service account. I'd like to change this one now, but under services this area is greyed out. I cannot even find on Google how I can afterwards change a service account. I have installed and removed AD FS several times, so I could do it once again, and at the next wizard configuration take care of the right account. But there must be a possibility of changing this account later on?

kind regards,
    Dieter Tontsch
    mobileX AG
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• I believe this still works for ADFS 2016: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Active-Directory-ddb67df0

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 12:48 PM
  • Did you get the script to work? 

I wasn't able to get it to work on my Primary ADFS server (2016) but worked on the secondary.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 2:13 AM
  • puhh, did it long time agol I cannot remember anymore. However, I checked my service accoutns now and they are set to my dedicated service account.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:42 AM