none
Problem with rights of user to his files after updating and adding PC to local network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we updated one PC with windows8pro to windows10

since it appeared to work fine, we added it back to the local netwerk

since then we keep getting messages from the system telling the user that he does not have permission to SAVE in  locations which are his own drives, pictures etc on his own computer

I changed the security of the map documents, had to add the user to via security and give him his rights back.

This is weird since he actually IS an admin, member of the group administrators.

Then when te PC restarts all settings appear to be lost again.

Help appreciated

thank you

Yolanda

Monday, August 10, 2015 12:58 PM

Answers

• OK problem located and is solved.

I had shared the documents and images folders on the network with only read rights.

This sharing on the local network overrides the rights [read write delete in fact all rights] of the owner who is also a member of the network and so causes the problem. 

Yolanda

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:40 AM

All replies

• OK problem located and is solved.

I had shared the documents and images folders on the network with only read rights.

This sharing on the local network overrides the rights [read write delete in fact all rights] of the owner who is also a member of the network and so causes the problem. 

Yolanda

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know the result. and your sharing might be helpful for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 8:51 AM