Error in converting APP V 4.6 created apps RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to convert an application created using App V 4.6

But I get the following error. Could any one let me know how to resolve this

The following environment variables are conflicting:
    Conflict found in OSD containing XXXXXXXXXXX
    Variable: PATH=%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\Microsoft Application Virtualization
    Sequencer\;%PATH%;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\XXXXX;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\XXXXXXXX;
    Variable: PATH=%PATH%;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\XXXXX;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\XXXXXXX;

Regards

KC

Monday, June 9, 2014 3:22 PM

Answers

• As I said before you have 2 PATH variables...you can't do that.

You would have to evaluate how the app works currently in 4.6, as you simply can't have 2 Path variables.  Likely what is happening is the first Path variable is getting overwritten with the second Path variable.  You can use process explorer to see what the PATH variable being seen by the exe is, or go into the bubble and do a cmd.exe SET command. 

Its not an App-V 4 or 5 thing at all, this would be a problem no matter what deployment platform you use.

However BIG disclaimer here:  You really (REALLY) should have someone fully function test the app in App-V 5 and not just assume it works since it did in 4.6.  I can't stress that enough.  The fact you are converting does not (in my experience) give you any more likely hood of the app working.  In many cases you are better off starting from scratch.  Again this is my experience and my not be true for everyone.

Monday, June 9, 2014 7:09 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if you are copying that correctly, but you have two PATH variable blocks in the OSD.  There is also multiple %CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\XXXXX, which I'm not sure is causing the error but likely isn't correct.
    Monday, June 9, 2014 3:25 PM
  • When I remove the path %CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\Microsoft Application Virtualization
    Sequencer from all the OSDs the error gets resolved. But I am not sure why the presence of this line is causing a conflict issue
    Monday, June 9, 2014 3:27 PM
  • Like I said, it looks to me like you have 2 PATH= statements in the OSD.  If you remove 1 does the conversion go through?  Or are you only removing some of the statement inside and still having 2 PATH = statements?

Its possible 4.6 was more forgiving with that and 5.x is throwing a warning/error since you shouldn't have 2 variables of the same name as 1 will 'win' over the other.

Monday, June 9, 2014 3:51 PM
  • The following environment variables are conflicting:
    Conflict found in OSD containing ManulifeMFrame1502.0.0.0:
    Sequencer\;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SNA\system;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\WallData\SYSTEM;
    Variable: PATH=%PATH%;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SNA\system;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\WallData\SYSTEM;

Conflict found in OSD containing Mframe1502.0.0.0:
    Sequencer\;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SNA\system;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\WallData\SYSTEM;
    Variable: PATH=%PATH%;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SNA\system;%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\WallData\SYSTEM;

Conflict found in OSD containing Rumba2000_cmd:

If I change the all the env variables name to PATH1 from PATH - The variable bolded above -  the errors are resolved. But am not sure what impact does this modification has on the functionality of the application.

Regards
    KC

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:54 PM
  • As I said before you have 2 PATH variables...you can't do that.

You would have to evaluate how the app works currently in 4.6, as you simply can't have 2 Path variables.  Likely what is happening is the first Path variable is getting overwritten with the second Path variable.  You can use process explorer to see what the PATH variable being seen by the exe is, or go into the bubble and do a cmd.exe SET command. 

Its not an App-V 4 or 5 thing at all, this would be a problem no matter what deployment platform you use.

However BIG disclaimer here:  You really (REALLY) should have someone fully function test the app in App-V 5 and not just assume it works since it did in 4.6.  I can't stress that enough.  The fact you are converting does not (in my experience) give you any more likely hood of the app working.  In many cases you are better off starting from scratch.  Again this is my experience and my not be true for everyone.

Monday, June 9, 2014 7:09 PM