none
Audit Logs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts

I am using exchange hybrid environment,for one of my Exchange online user Recoverable Items folder is occupying as 100GB, 
    purges folder was 90GB which i have cleared by disabling litigation hold, when i look into Audits it is occupying 3GB,
    Experts how do i clear 3GB of audits

Friday, November 29, 2019 12:43 AM

Answers

• You cannot directly clean it up, but you can set the retention period for audit log events to be smaller, which will cause it to remove older items. For example:

Set-Mailbox blabla -AuditLogAgeLimit 30

• Marked as answer by ItsMe-Roger Sunday, December 1, 2019 3:46 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2019 8:09 AM
  • I’m glad that you have got your expectations. The following is a brief summary about this request, hope more people can get help from here.

Requests
    ==========================================
    Clear audit logs.

Suggestions
    You can consider to set the retention period for the audit logs through the following command to remove the logs which are expired:

Set-Mailbox <mailbox name> -AuditLogAgeLimit <age>

Reference Link
    Set-Mailbox

Regards,

Vera Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:17 PM

All replies

• You cannot directly clean it up, but you can set the retention period for audit log events to be smaller, which will cause it to remove older items. For example:

Set-Mailbox blabla -AuditLogAgeLimit 30

• Marked as answer by ItsMe-Roger Sunday, December 1, 2019 3:46 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Agree with Vasil. You can refer to Set-Mailbox to learn more information about the parameter.

Regards,

Vera Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 10:33 AM
  • You cannot have Audits deleted alone but when you run the below command it would delete the data available under recoverable items which includes

Recoverable Items
    Audits           
    Calendar Logging 
    Deletions        
    Purges           
    Versions       

Search-Mailbox -Identity "Gurinder Singh" -SearchDumpsterOnly -DeleteContent -Force

if you want to have the data saved before deletion then use the below command

Search-Mailbox -Identity "Gurinder Singh" -SearchDumpsterOnly -TargetMailbox "Name of the mailbox where the data needs to be saved" -TargetFolder "foldernamewheredatagetssavedin targetmailbox" -DeleteContent

Kindly mark it as answer if that helped 

Monday, December 2, 2019 2:25 PM
  • Search-Mailbox does not include items in the Audits folder.
    Monday, December 2, 2019 6:21 PM
  • I’m glad that you have got your expectations. The following is a brief summary about this request, hope more people can get help from here.

Requests
    Clear audit logs.

Suggestions
    You can consider to set the retention period for the audit logs through the following command to remove the logs which are expired:

Set-Mailbox <mailbox name> -AuditLogAgeLimit <age>

Reference Link
    Set-Mailbox

Regards,

Vera Shen

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:17 PM