CPU change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I got an Acer Travelmate 4002WLMi laptop with an intel centrino mobile M745 CPU and wanted to ask, to what extend it is possible to upgrade the CPU and wheter I can change it with an Intel Core 2 Duo or some other higher performing CPU.

Thx

Maschdel

Monday, April 30, 2007 8:43 AM

All replies

• I am not sure what speed your processor is, but I just wanted to share a little insight with you about my CPU experience. I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate on both my desktop and Dell e1505. Here's the funny thing; my desktop is an old HP a818n that i bought in January of '05. This thing only supports PCI graphics cards, but it isnt totally stock either. I upgraded the graphics card to the Geforce 6200 which works WAY better on Vista than Xp even though it was designed for it. I also have 1.5Gb of PC3200. My dell e1505 is vista compatible and not even a year old. It had the core duo at 1.83 GHz and 1 gb of ram. It also has the ati x1300 graphics card. My old HP has a .5 better performance rating in vista than my laptop with the core duo and my HP only has a P4 2.93 Ghz without HT technology. They both run vista fine and the Aero features all work great. It is almost like Vista was meant for these computers. This just goes to show that upgrading isnt always worth it because you can drop $300 on a core 2 duo, but first i would install vista and check your persormance rating. if you get the right socket CPU, then installing it is pretty straight forward. If you need help just browse the net, thats how i learned to do a lot with my computers.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 6:17 PM