none
Error: One or more categories of approval could not be loaded RRS feed

• Question

• On the Approvals page I'm getting the following message: "Error: One or more categories of approval could not be loaded".  I'm able to approve/reject work and new tasks as normal, but the message just won't go away.  As one of the threads suggested, I tried creating a new rule to auto accept and publish, but that didn't do anything.  Is there a way to fix this or reset the page?  Thanks for any help...
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 1:36 PM

Answers

• So on PWA's Timesheet Settings and Defaults, I:

1) unchecked Single Entry Mode and

2) disabled Task Status Manager Approval

and this appeared to get rid of the error message.

• Edited by Doz4 Monday, April 8, 2013 4:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Doz4 Monday, April 8, 2013 4:48 PM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

try to run your rule once manually. Setting to auto accept does only apply to new updates.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 8, 2013 11:25 AM
  • Barbara,

I ran the attached rule manually (see inserted photo) but it didn't appear to fix the problem.  Is there anything else specific I should be doing?

-Dale

Monday, April 8, 2013 12:55 PM
  • Go to Server Setting -> Administrative Task

Change Approval to “NO” for all Admin tasks

By delegating user delete and resubmit timesheet. Now verify it in Approval Center... Revert back the Administrative time setting...

If issue still persists, You can try to change Status manager, By dedicating user delete and resubmit timesheet. Now verify it in Approval Center of new Status Manager. Revert back the status manager.

Hope this will help you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raushan Kumar  | LinkedIn
    Please click Mark As Answer if this post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post is useful to you. This will be useful to other community members following the thread.

Monday, April 8, 2013 3:33 PM
  • So on PWA's Timesheet Settings and Defaults, I:

1) unchecked Single Entry Mode and

2) disabled Task Status Manager Approval

and this appeared to get rid of the error message.

• Edited by Doz4 Monday, April 8, 2013 4:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Doz4 Monday, April 8, 2013 4:48 PM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 4:47 PM
  • We had a similar result on our client site.  Once we unchecked Single Entry and disabled Task Status Manger, the "Error" message stopped.

There was one behavior that has not been documented so far is that if a timesheet is not approved when visible, on subsequent visits to the timesheet approval page they will not be visible.  There existence is verified by looking in the History where they show as "Submitted"

Once the above fix was implemented the "Submitted" timesheets again appear in the Approval Queue page.

BUG?

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:23 PM
  • This is a known bug - see this thread for the workaround. without disabling single entry.

Cheers,

James.

James Boman - http://www.boman.biz Software Consultant for IPMO - http://www.ipmo.com.au

• Edited by James Boman Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:17 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:17 PM