none
Project workspace is not getting linked with Project in EPM 2007. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Wss 3.0 and project server 2007.

Issue: When i publish a new project with it's workspace creation dialog, Project gets published successfully and workspace gets created too. But this workspace is not linked with the project. There is no workspace URL in "Project Workspaces" option in "Server Settings" and so i am not able to open workspace from Project Center.

I can see the project workspace created in Site Settings--> Sites and Workspaces.

I am using custom template, Provisioning Mode is Automatic and Workspace Permission option is checked.

It was working fine a week ago.

Please Help. 

sandeep

Thursday, November 27, 2014 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

May be no synchronisation beetween Config DB and Wss_Content.

try to start Sharepoint Central Administration Configuration Wizard.

Hope This help you.

Jalal Blali MCTS, MCITP

Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:29 PM
  • Hi Jalal,

I am using WSS 3.0 and can't find "Sharepoint Central Administration Configuration Wizard" like i can see in SharePoint 2010 Central admin.

By the way, Central Admin is working fine.

sandeep

Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Hi, 

Even if you use Wss 3.0, there's "Sharepoint Central Administration Configuration Wizard.

just click Start button -> Programs -> Microsoft SharePoint  Server-> Sharepoint Central Administration Configuration Wizard.

else locate bin folder

cd c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\BIN

and type this command:

Stsadm.exe  -o upgrade -inplace -forceupgrade

Hope this help you

Jalal Blali MCTS, MCITP

Thursday, November 27, 2014 7:27 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Try re-provisioning of the PWA and see if that would help

Paul

Thursday, November 27, 2014 7:38 PM
  • Dear Paul,

I re-provisioned PWA but nothing changed, still getting the same problem. It was working very well till 2 weeks ago and now when we create new projects, publish and create a workspace , workspace doesn't get linked the with projects.

Error in Queue:

Error summary/areas:
    Web is already linked to another project
    WSSSpWebAlreadyLinkedToProject
    Queue
    GeneralQueueJobFailed
    Error details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <errinfo>
      <general>
        <class name="Web is already linked to another project">
          <error id="16406" name="WSSSpWebAlreadyLinkedToProject" uid="f941d195-182c-4625-9fec-09e85628e5c2" projectUid="7d3bb7f8-12cd-475c-a9a2-219917557d4e" wssFullUrl="http://Server/PWA/TestProject" />
        </class>
        <class name="Queue">
          <error id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" uid="9aee8482-84e5-42fa-9408-a1fca3fad4c0" JobUID="8eadbd6f-32f3-4a02-8129-814aa24a8bd4" ComputerName="Server" GroupType="CreateWssSite" MessageType="CreateWssSiteMessage" MessageId="1" Stage="" />
        </class>
      </general>
    </errinfo>

sandeep

Monday, December 1, 2014 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

I was using the template so just to check i removed template and then problem resolved. now workspaces are getting linked with new projects. but i do not know what's the problem with template. Please suggest.

sandeep

Monday, December 1, 2014 9:06 AM