none
Deployed OS unable to use mouse and keyboard? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an really odd issue,

Since a few days I have an really odd issue, everytime I deploy an Image via MDT to a certain server type I am unable to move the mouse or use the keyboard. I can control it in the bios etc, but as soon as windows boots I lose control over the mouse and keyboard. I recreated an image on a different server, put that back and the same thing happened. I deploy the images via WDS and it works fine there. Even after the OS is installed I can boot into PXE and I can control the mouse

When I create the image everything is fine, but when I deploy it to a different machine it's not able to be controlled.
    Has anyone experienced this ever before? Deploying a fresh windows copy works. but I have no clue where and how I can read log files. The servers in question are Dell PowerEdges R210 II by the way.

The OS Deployed = Windows 7 PRO 64 bit

Server = Dell PowerEdge R210

Using MDT 2012 SP2 on Windows Server 2008 R2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Friday, May 2, 2014 7:44 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure I totally follow what's going on above.

I have never had keyboard/mouse driver problems with MDT, sorry.

Can you walk up to the server an plug in a USB Keyboard? The OS should detect the new device and install the driver right then and there. If not, you may have a corrupt driver subsystem. I would also blame the KVM if you have one.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Monday, May 5, 2014 5:47 PM