Services stopped in Server 2016 Preview RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

why in Windows Server 2016 Preview some services are stopped by themselves? For instance now Downloaded Maps Manager  (MapsBroker) has stopped. I have to start it again.

Nikorios

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 4:33 PM

Answers

• Darren proposed as the answer, -Mr Happy- responded.

The Maps app is not on Windows 2016 server so the service serves no use imho and just a left over. MapsBroker Service keeps dying also is regarding this.

Any services that get shown in server manager should be considered one at time as to if they are needed. Search this forum for info as chances are others will have found them.

• Marked as answer by Nikorios Monday, October 2, 2017 5:27 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>why in Windows Server 2016 Preview some services are stopped by themselves? For instance now Downloaded Maps Manager  (MapsBroker) has stopped. I have to start it again.

I check it in our lab.In service mmc,Downloaded Maps Manager  service has been set to 'Automatic(Delaystart)' by default.If you want it runs any time,please set to 'Automatic' and test again.

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:24 AM
  • Thank you Cartman

Unfortunately that didn't help. I changed it in Services it to start automatic. After a while Downloaded Maps Manager was stopped again. Also some services that are not as dalaystart are stopped. And still, if the services are stopped and it makes no harm, why they appear in Server Manager Services as problems?

Nikorios

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Well why is Downloaded Maps Manager on Windows Server? :) for all those travelling portable servers?

I have seen this on the TPs and now on the RTM. Any that show is server manger I set to manual, that why server manger does not monitor them. These services just a left over from the base Windows (10) I would say. No place on a server OS.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:33 PM
  • Thanks for information Darren

Would it help if I stop the whole process? But what should I do for all the other proceses tha stop By themselves?

Nikorios

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:53 PM
  • Thanks for information Darren

Would it help if I disable the whole process? But what should I do for all the other proceses tha stop By themselves?

Nikorios

Nikorios

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:54 PM
  • Darren proposed as the answer, -Mr Happy- responded.

The Maps app is not on Windows 2016 server so the service serves no use imho and just a left over. MapsBroker Service keeps dying also is regarding this.

Any services that get shown in server manager should be considered one at time as to if they are needed. Search this forum for info as chances are others will have found them.

• Marked as answer by Nikorios Monday, October 2, 2017 5:27 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:21 PM
  • How-to fix the Downloaded Maps Broker (MapsBroker) warning
    https://www.boudewijnplomp.nl/2017/08/how-to-fix-the-mapsbroker-warning

Boudewijn Plomp | Conclusion FIT

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 2, 2017 12:59 PM
  • How-to fix the Downloaded Maps Broker (MapsBroker) warning
    https://www.boudewijnplomp.nl/2017/08/how-to-fix-the-mapsbroker-warning

Boudewijn Plomp | Conclusion FIT

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Your link loops back to this thread.
    Monday, October 2, 2017 5:22 PM