Junk mail folder deleted RRS feed

• Question

• Help! I keep my outlook constantly logged into my computer and I just went to check my junk mail and the folder is completely gone! I had it saved as a favorite folder. How do I recover it?
    Friday, March 20, 2020 10:21 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Are you using Outlook desktop client? If so, what's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.
    What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

>> I keep my outlook constantly logged into my computer and I just went to check my junk mail and the folder is completely gone!
    Can you find your Junk email folder if you add your email account to Outlook clients on other computers? And what if you directly check from the web mail?
    Do other users in your working environment have the same issue as you? 

As I know, if you are using Outlook desktop client, the Junk email folder is one of the default folders of our mailbox and cannot be deleted. In order to conduct further researches on your issues, please try the following suggestions:

1. Please first try starting Outlook with /resetfolders to see whether it helps. To do this, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /resetfolders and hit Enter.
    2. Corrupted profiles can lead this issue, so please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 23, 2020 10:26 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 27, 2020 11:00 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:21 AM