how do I downloan office 2003 online into my windows 7 64bit computer? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the cd but this new computer does not have the cd slot.... I was told the only way is to downloan it online.... I went to ms but I could not find the way to do it.  Can you please help?

Saturday, June 2, 2012 12:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you
    ask this question in the Microsoft Office to check whether Office 2003 is available to download.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

In addition, since you have the installation disk, I suggest you copy the files on the disk to a removable USD drive and then install Office 2003.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, June 15, 2012 9:04 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:07 AM

All replies

• I doubt that Microsoft makes Office 2003 available for download.

You could download Office 2010 from the Microsoft Store (if you're in the US), but you'd have to buy it there.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/Office-Home-and-Student-2010/productID.236555900/parentCategoryID.37286600/categoryID.50726300/list.true

Do you have access to a PC with an optical drive, and a USB key drive that's larger than the Office CD? (512MB may be enough, 1GB surely is larger than you'd need.) If so, copy the entire contents of the CD to the USB drive. Install from the USB drive.

http://office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?a=904

Another option would be to buy an external USB optical drive. Handy, but not free.

Saturday, June 2, 2012 1:59 AM
  • The Office 2003 iso file can be downloaded from Microsoft if you have a MSDN or TechNet Subscription; then you can copy all the files in the ISO to a USB drive and start the installation from that device.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

Monday, June 4, 2012 9:00 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you
    ask this question in the Microsoft Office to check whether Office 2003 is available to download.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

In addition, since you have the installation disk, I suggest you copy the files on the disk to a removable USD drive and then install Office 2003.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, June 15, 2012 9:04 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:07 AM