XP Pro Performance Edition and Remote Desktop Connection RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 computers on the same network under the same router.  Comp1 is using XP Pro Performance Edition SP3.  Comp2 is using Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3.  I want to set them up so I can do Remote Desktop Connection into those computers from another PC outside the network.  Comp2 is set up fine & I can remote into it.  Comp1 has the identical computer & router settings, but won't let me in.  The online port checker tools says the port is open.  When I try to remote into Comp1, there's not an error, it just looks like it times out & nothing happens.  Is this problem specific to the software "Performance Edition"?
    • Moved by Sean Jenkin Friday, July 29, 2011 8:41 PM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Friday, July 29, 2011 8:38 PM

Answers

•  Probably because Performance Edition is not a genuine Microsoft product (and is certainly not supported).

Bill
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:00 AM

All replies

•  Probably because Performance Edition is not a genuine Microsoft product (and is certainly not supported).

Bill
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:00 AM
  • Bill Grant is correct.

XP Pro Performance Edition is counterfeit software published by The Pirate Bay.

It is totally ILLEGAL software!  And there is absolutely NO SUPPORT for it in these forums!!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:52 PM