none
Have to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement after installing video card.

Question

•    Ok, so i've run into a large string of computer issues lately. My computer overheated, and I had to replace my power supply and video card. Since installing the video card, after my computer passes the "starting windows" screen i get a blue screen with the error message stating that The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly.     the only way that I can start my computer is if i disable driver signature enforcement. When I do that, the computer runs perfectly. The only problem is, I cannot leave my computer in that mode, because most of the games that I like to play on this computer won't let me run them in that mode. Could REALLY use some help. Thanks.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In general, blue screen issue is related to driver and software conflict, please recall carefully what you have done before BSOD firstly occurred, try roll back previous operations to see if can fix problem.

If it’s hard to roll back, I suggest to execute a clean boot at first, then update driver form the manufacturer website, also, keep system is up to date, check for updates in update & security settings.

Finally, system will generate the dump files when BSOD occurred, it can help us diagnose problem, Microsoft has an useful tool called WinDbg can analyze these dump files, kindly check the following link for assistance.

Debugging Tools for Windows (WinDbg, KD, CDB, NTSD)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063(v=vs.85).aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:30 AM

All replies

• Based on your post, it is highly probable your computer suffered other damage when it overheated.  I would suspect one or more components on the motherboard are now faulty.  Your hard drive may also have suffered damage from the overheating.  If your video card was damaged it is highly likely other components were also damaged.

I suggest you search the internet for a hardware diagnostic utility and that you perform diagnostics on your system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:47 PM
  • Did a hardware check, can't find any other hardware issues. Was able to start up computer normally without using the disable driver signature, before installing the drivers for the video card. I can't find any actual problems with the drivers though. I tried uninstalling them and updating them again, but no luck.... 
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

In general, blue screen issue is related to driver and software conflict, please recall carefully what you have done before BSOD firstly occurred, try roll back previous operations to see if can fix problem.

If it’s hard to roll back, I suggest to execute a clean boot at first, then update driver form the manufacturer website, also, keep system is up to date, check for updates in update & security settings.

Finally, system will generate the dump files when BSOD occurred, it can help us diagnose problem, Microsoft has an useful tool called WinDbg can analyze these dump files, kindly check the following link for assistance.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063(v=vs.85).aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

We haven't heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:03 AM
  • Actually, still no luck in resolving it. Been trying every solution I can find online. Thinking I'm probably going to have to do a factory reformat and hope that fixes it. Couldn't manage to get the windows debugging tools to work for some reason. Not sure what the issue was there. 

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 11:33 PM
  • Hi,

You can try WinDbg tools to analysis the issue.

Best Regards,

Tao

Monday, August 15, 2016 7:49 AM