none
MS Project 2010 Pivot Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Management is looking for graphs of resource hours by week and month.  I have no problem creating this report.  It seems when I send it out it needs to be connected to the project.  How do I get around this for folks that do not need MS project.  

I see that potentially there is a way to extract the timescaled data via VBA, however, I see nothing that I can understand to guide me through this process.  I have 80 members on my team so this exercise is becoming cumbersome very quickly.

Regards

Tim

Monday, January 27, 2014 11:38 PM

All replies

• kermit63,

I'm assuming everyone of your team members has Office and therefore Excel. It is pretty straightforward to export Project timescaled data to Excel and even format it into whatever custom report you need. The exact code needed is of course dependent on what data and how you want it presented. Take a look at this link. It includes a reference to an excerpt from Rod Gill's book on Project VBA programming:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/d9f8a363-7841-420e-a12a-ed0ed631c491/exporting-data-using-vba-to-an-existing-excel-file?forum=project2010custprog

If you have further specific questions, we'll be glad to help you.

Hope this helps.

John

• Edited by John - Project Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:43 AM better link
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:30 AM